The next generation Heat Recovery units are manufactured from a high density EPP material (expanded polypropylene), replacing the historic metal enclosures since the introduction of stringent Building Regulations in 2006. These foam casings have become an integral part of assisting efficient air management around the home and in addition, self-build and DIY installers can benefit from lowering the Dwelling Emission Rate (DER) required of any new property and help secure points towards a better SAP rating.
Designs utilising EPP foam can help:
- Exceed Building Regulations for Part F – Ventilation and Part L for Energy Effeciency
- Create high rate % energy saving efficiencies
- Create superb airflow rates
- Reduce noise and vibration
- Make the unit lightweight & wall mountable